If you are a Shopify merchant or a business owner in general, you may have heard of a little event called Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Ok who are we kidding, you have seen tons of blogs (including our own 😝) But have you heard of Small Business Saturday? It's the day after Black Friday and in a way, a counterpart to the spending shoppers do at major retailers like Walmart, Target, and Amazon.
Nearly $20 billion dollars (USD) was spent at independent retailers and restaurants on Small Business Saturday in 2020. Small Business Saturday encourages consumers to shop small, specifically on Saturday (after Black Friday), and hopefully, shoppers can be exposed to some amazing small businesses to support year-round. 🎁
Small Business Saturday marketing with Because
There are over 30.7 million small businesses in the US, which contributes to 99.9 percent of all U.S. businesses, many being amazing Shopify merchants across different industries. Marketing is a strong component to the success of a business and with Because, many small businesses can utilize different features to target specific customers, relay strategic messaging across product pages, and overall A/B test your audience. 📈
Product page Banners
We may be biased 😉 but product page banners are the best way to not only guide customers to convert but target the right message. With product page banners, display dynamic messages on their product pages. All no-code and perfect for small businesses on Shopify.
What messages should I display?
- 🛍 Shop Local / Local Support! Remind customers on each product page, their purchase power, and how they are keeping their dollars local with each purchase.
- 📦 Shipping and delivery information which are essential for any small business to relay to their customer. Let customers know what to look for when items will be delivered.
- ⭐️ Product reviews to let your products shine with all the awesome things your local (and far away) customers say.
- ⏰ Special deals and products so your customers can snag exclusive deals when they support your small business.
- 🛒 Upsell and pair items with linkable banners and give customers the opportunity to purchase additional items
- 🎭 Highlight mission and causes through content on each product page to show your support and share with your customers.
- ♻️ Sustainable / Vegan / Local - all these important badges that showcase your products are sustainable and locally sourced.
- 🧣Handmade - what better way to show your product is local and handmade than a banner.
Content to copy:
- Shop Small! - When you Shop Small, you are supporting your neighborhood and investing in your community.
- Small Business Saturday - Show your support and love of small businesses. Enjoy free shipping sitewide.
- Thank you for supporting a small business - Learn more about how we started and our story (linkable banner)
- Small Business Saturday - Thanks for keeping your dollars local. Let’s go #shopsmall and continue supporting small businesses.
Pop Ups for your small business
A bad Pop Up can interrupt the user experience, while a great Pop Up can guide customers much like a Banner, and lead them to discover new products, and increase conversion.
Through Pop Up's merchants can share unique messages. 🤩 Similar to a Banner, these Pop Ups can be displayed on specific products pages, and you can really create unique Pop Ups for each product.
The right message at the right time
Through Because features like A/B Testing your Banners or through the behaviors section of Because, you can reach the right message on every single product page! Effectively target your customers with the right message, where they are at. 🎯
A/B test your banners and find the right message that resonates with your audience and that leads to conversion. Timing is everything! Choose when to display your Banner, from immediately to load with your product page, or choose to load after 5, 10, or 60 seconds.
With geolocation targeting, you can show your Banner, or Pop Up only to specific site visitors based on their physical location. For example, let's say you only want to show specific shipping information to only site visitors in France or in the US. Enter your country code into the search bar and make it happen.
Small businesses do so much for the economy, it's only fair that there are tools that can help small businesses be successful on Saturday and every day of the week. Cheers 🥂 to a successful Small Business Saturday and beyond.
If you need help, simply slide on over to the Help Center tab, and check out some more inspiration or just chat with us below or email email@example.com.